There are more and more people who are starting to become more concerned about their health. There was a time when people were only concerned about their weight but this has changed significantly right now. People would like to become healthier and stronger. In order to do this, they know that they have to make changes in their lifestyle.
Some people have decided that they are going to try the keto diet that is very popular right now. There are some protein shakes that can be keto friendly especially if you want to feel fuller after eating your keto-friendly meal. You can check out some of the recipes when you click this: https://myshakercup.com/homemade-protein-shake-recipe-my-favorite-go-tos. Of course, a lot of keto experts will say that you need to consume a certain amount of food before you can say that you are full. The protein drink can serve as your dessert as long as you have placed the right ingredients.
One of the things that people find hard to let go when they are on a diet is the ultimate dessert: the cake. How are you going to make a more keto-friendly cake? Fortunately, there are so many recipes that are available. You are bound to find some that you will be happy to create at home.
These are some characteristics of keto-friendly cakes that make them great alternatives to the usual cake:
- There are still some ingredients that are used in normal cakes that will also be used in keto-friendly cakes so you may not always realize the difference.
- You can count on lower carbohydrates without making the taste unpleasant.
- The texture or the taste of the cakes that you make will not be affected so even if your guests are not doing the keto diet, they will still appreciate this greatly.
- You do not have to worry about your blood sugar levels after consuming the cake.
Now that you know some of the characteristics of keto-friendly cakes, you may be interested to know some of the ingredients that you can use in lieu of the usual ingredients:
- Use almond or coconut flour instead of all-purpose flour. The all-purpose flour may come with carbohydrates that you do not need in your diet. Almond or coconut flour are considered to be healthier and will also give you healthy fats that your body needs.
- Use stevia as sugar. This is one of the major alternatives to sugar that you can use. This is known to fight the growth of cancer and will also regulate your blood sugar better. It also has a lot of other alternatives that will definitely make you healthier.
- Choose butter instead of margarine. A lot of cake recipes will require the use of the butter but there are some people who try their best to use margarine instead because it is cheaper. Butter will allow you to lessen the possibility of having high trans fats.
Your cake will not be a cake without frosting. You may be tempted to purchase store-bought frosting but there are always other types of frosting that you can create at your own home. Plus, they will be healthier for you too.…